Trip to West Texas

We recently made three trips to west Texas where Dillard was consulting with a church. The trip was long, but enjoyable. Along the way, we went through Hico, Texas where I saw this huge spur. I just had to take a picture. It reminds me of the sights, from the past, along old Route 66.We also went through Dublin, Texas -- home of the famous Dublin Dr. Pepper. Dublin is the home of the world's oldest DP bottling plant. Dublin DP is made with cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup, and it is sold in only a 44 mile radius. We didn't have time to visit the museum, but here's a photo of the front of the museum building. To read more about Dublin DP go to: http://www.dublindrpepper.com/
Sweetwater, TX (the Wind Capital) has hundreds of wind turbines. I tried to add a photo but it won't load, probably because the picture was made with my phone. The turbines are huge and it's fascinating to see them spinning. They produce electricity. To see photos of the turbines go to : http://www.sweetwatertexas.org/ and click on wind energy. Some of the tallest turbines are 370 ft high. Their rotors are more than 216 ft in diameter.The first time I saw a wind farm, I felt as if I were in a science fiction movie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home